Monday, January 4, 2010

On the Wings of Love

That is the tagline for this season of The Bachelor. No, I am not joking. The bachelor is an airline pilot. Wings of love indeed. I love that they used to have millionaires, princes, and professional football players, but the guy they got this season works for Delta. This means 25 women will be fighting over a prize who

--Has a slightly above-average salary
--Works in an industry that's suffering and therefore probably has fairly little job security
--Will come home smelling like stale airplane air
--Has a job that will take him away from home several nights a week and trap him in a metal box where his few coworkers are most likely attractive women

What a catch. :)

I only snark because I love, though. I am a sucker. I will watch this show. I am already anxious because our home group tonight will cause me to miss the season premier. As the only family in America without Tivo, I'll have to wait until naptime tomorrow to watch it online, which means I'll also have to wait until tomorrow afternoon/night to read my favorite message board and laugh at the snark of other sensible adults who are also caught up in this mess despite their best intentions. I know you can't wait to hear my thoughts. :)

3 comments:

Lauren said...

we'll be watching it too. i hope jake is still a "nice guy" by the end of the season!

kerri said...

chels, andra, and i are all watching together tonight. let me know your top picks tomorrow :o)

just praying jake isn't as BORING as he was last season!! bring back REID!! come on.

Leigh Ann said...

Ok, so I haven't watched a full season on the Bachelor in 7 years but I was talked into girls night watching. I am not sure they are going to want me back after all my snarky comments last night. I am really intrigued by the season teaser though!