Thursday, September 25, 2008

In the house! :)

So we're in the house! Actually, we've been in the house for a week--because of the storm and all the repairs, it took a full week for Time Warner to get out here to install our cable, internet, and phone! I've recently become a fan of Fox News Radio and NPR, so I was fine...but Mark bought rabbit-ears a few days ago so at least we could get NBC and CBS. I was livid, though--we couldn't get ABC for some reason, so I missed the 3 day Dancing With the Stars premiere event! I will eventually catch up online, but I haven't watched it yet...so don't tell me what happened! :)

I promise we'll get pictures up soon. We've had a lot of unpacking to do and even though the house is about 50% bigger than our last one, we're having trouble finding places to fit everything! The kitchen is crazy small for a house this size, so I've got appliances and serving bowls stashed in closets all over the house. :) My beloved Kitchen-Aid mixer even lost its space on the counter! :(

Also contributing to the lack of pictures...Sarah Beth has picked this week to get really good at crawling and pulling up. Currently, her favorite piece of climbing equipment is Mark's giant tool box which is still sitting in the middle of the living room floor. It's just the right height for her to hold onto once she's standing up. This is extremely cute...for the first 5 minutes of the day. After that, this is what my house sounds like all day long:

SB: excited coos

PLUNK

SB: "WAAAAAH!"

ME: "Oh, crap. Sorry! I didn't get there fast enough! Oh, punkin, you're ok. Aww, man, another bruise on your giant head...assorted comforting noises..."

BACKGROUND NOISE: Sean Hannity playing communist-sounding marchy music and yelling about the "Obama Mania Media"

....repeat cycle over and over again



Life is good. :)

P.S. Blake, since I'm too lazy to type an email to you, if you're reading this, yes the stores mentioned are in Fairborn and Beavercreek. We live in what used to be called "Page Manor" which is off I-675 at Col. Glen(n?) Hwy.

2 comments:

Blake said...

Yep, I know where Page Manor is. Fun Fun! The whole 3 years we lived in Dayton we used rabbit ears, you should be able to pick up more than just 2 channels. Keep adjusting them! :)

Virginia and Steven said...

I asked Heide if she had gotten your address yet and she told me about the blog! I am glad to be able to read about your life and little SB! Thanks for Steven's birthday card! The funniest thing was that on the back the fart glass was dated from 1997!