Sunday, November 16, 2008

9 (but really 10.5) month well-baby update :)


OK everybody else posts the stats at their kids' well baby appointments, so I'm going to do the same because I'm crazy proud. :) With the move and the time it took to get set up with the hospital here with records and such, we just got in to do Sarah Beth's 9 month checkup this past week, even though she's already over 10 months old. I guess if you adjust for her prematurity, though, she really was around 9 months. Anyway, she weighed 18 lb 2 oz and was 27 inches long. Without even adjusting for prematurity, she was in the 21st percentile for her weight!!! I know the rest of you with your sweet chubby babies would be horrified at such a ranking, but we threw a party because she's catching up so well! At her 6 month check-up she had just barely (I think it was the 5th percentile) made it onto the "big girl chart" as our doctor called it (instead of the special "premature/very low birthweight chart that she'd been on), so a jump like that was really exciting to see! She's never been excited about eating, so ever since she was a 3.5 lb newborn, I've been obsessive about her weight and considered every gained ounce a personal victory since it's basically a full time job to get calories into her. Pardon me for a second while I pat myself on the back. :) She's babbling but still not really purposefully saying words, but her gross and fine motor skills are awesome and she's pretty much exactly where a 10.5 month old is supposed to be--even though technically she's only 9 months old!! WOO HOO!

Her favorite new activity--wrestling with the couch cushions (and leaving drool spots all over them in the process)

2 comments:

Jill said...

Way to go Sarah Beth!! And you and Mark, too!

Anonymous said...

That is so wonderful! I am so excited for you guys! Yea to Sarah Beth and her wonderful mommy and daddy!